September 11, 2008

Chunky Veggie's and Polenta

All day I was craving Fettuccine Alfredo.  I had no real desire to eat, in spite of the fact that I was starving out of my mind, but I really, desperately wanted Fettuccine Alfredo.  I don't have any pasta in the house.  If only my pants would stop "shrinking" then maybe I could keep it around me.    So, on my way home, I stopped by Planet Organic for some pasta, and while I wandered the isles I found that they had polenta on sale...and suddenly I wanted polenta.  

Wow, my cravings are insane, you'd think I was pregnant...um, next immaculate conception much?

A quick trip into the produce section yielded a lovely yellow zucchini, and supper was born!


Chunky Veggie's and Polenta

1 roll prepared polenta, any flavor (I used Basil-Garlic)
1/2 green pepper
6-7 mushrooms
2 medium carrots
1/2 white onion
1/2 small yellow zucchini
6-7 roma tomato's
2 tbsp roasted garlic
2 tbsp basil
1-2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Chop veggies into small chunks (approx 1 cm pieces), and slice polenta into 12 slices.  In wok or sauce pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat until liquid.  Add all veggies except tomato's and cook until tender crisp.  Reduce heat.  Add tomato's and continue to cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.  

Just after adding the tomatoes, pour olive oil into a large pan and heat over medium-high.  When oil is hot, add polenta rounds and fry 5 minutes before flipping.  Fry for an additional 5 minutes.

When finished cooking, divide among 4 plates, and enjoy!



No comments: