September 13, 2008

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Besides my co-worker, is there a woman out there who does not on occasion crave something with chocolate?  Heck, once in a blue moon, even I want something.  Every now and then I find myself craving a moist chocolate cake.  That being said, I don't want a whole cake, that's just far too much for me.  And while I could make cupcakes and freeze them for my next craving, that's just asking for trouble.  If there is food, I will eat it, and the weight will creep back on.  Something that I, for one, do not want to have happen.

After a nice little Internet search for cake in a mug, and what seemed like 5 million recipes based off of cake mix, I found one on Ali's Home of the Lazy Dog.  Not only did I switch the flour, but I made a few other changes.  My favorite change by far, was the use of lemon olive oil.  Wow, the added flavor and the way it plays on your tongue...I think it's drool worthy.  Also, I like a less sweet chocolate, so using some agave and maple syrup in place of the sugar worked like a charm for me.  

Now, there is only one problem - this is almost as convenient as having chocolate cupcakes in the freezer, and not so sweet.  I'm afraid I'm going to want this a little too often!


Chocolate Cake in a Mug

3 Tbsp GF Flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp agave syrup
1 Tbsp maple syrup (use the real stuff, it's got more depth of flavor)
1 tsp lemon olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla hemp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a mug.  Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.  Frost if desired, but tastes delish as is.  Eat.  Repeat as needed.

No comments: