January 16, 2009

Apologies and Potatoes

It's been a little while, and for that I am sorry.  And while I'd like to lay all the blame on my cousin's wedding, that would be rather unfair of me.  Though to be truthful, the majority of my absence is the direct result of them getting married in Costa Rica, and me having to "sacrifice" my self by going.  The part of the blame that lies with me, is in that I had a recipe which I forgot to write down and post to publish while I was away.  


Since I have unpacking, cleaning, and well over 700 photos to sort through, I'm going to give you my everything has already been eaten minus a few staples recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  And let me tell you, it's great for if you've been eating through your food, or just got home from vacation, or even just desperately need to do a grocery run!  

Enjoy the food, and soon enough I'll be posting about my trip and how I made out eating gluten free.  Bueno Dias!


Eggy Bake

2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
3-4 medium potatoes
3-4 medium-small onions
4 eggs
1/4 milk, or milk substitute
good sprinkle garlic powder and fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Dice potatoes into very small and thin pieces.  Slice onions into thin rings. 

Heat butter or oil in a large pan, add potatoes and onions and slowly until onions begin to caramelize.

Transfer potatoes and onions to a lightly greased casserole dish.  In a bowl beat eggs with milk, garlic powder and pepper.  This is the time to add any other spices or herbs you might be feeling like, or need to use up.  Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.

Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until centre is cooked through.  If desired serve with grated or shredded cheese over top.

No comments: